Candice over at Bookish Penguin bestowed upon me this Happy 101 award!
(Wishing I could give this back to Candice. I heart her blog! It keeps me up on her life even though we only live towns away but can’t see each other as often as we would like to.)
The rules of the Happy 101 award:
1. Copy the award image and display it on your blog (done!)
2. List 10 things that make you happy (try to do at least one of those things today)
3. Then pass the award along to 10 bloggers who brighten your day.
So here it goes, in no particular order:
1. Mondays. Monday’s are the first day of the work week. For years now I have always scheduled things on Monday’s that I love. It used to be Poker Night with the guys. Now it is Movie Night with my sister. It always makes Monday’s better and I look forward to them when everyone else is dreading them.
2. My family. There is no one who makes me happier. They are the most loving, fun, hilarious people I have ever met. I know when I am out with them I am going to have an amazing time.
3. When K drops in at my work unannounced. I never expect it and when he does it I love it. He might only stay for a couple of minutes but it feels good to know that he loves me enough to stop by just so he can say hi, give me a hug and kiss and then go on his way.
4. Re-decorating. There is nothing like moving things around, finding new ways to display old objects, getting new decorations. It always makes the place feel fresh and new.
5. Reading. I love having a cup of tea, a soft blanket and a good book. There is nothing better then getting absorbed into a story.
6. Time spent in the kitchen. One of life’s great pleasures is cooking in the kitchen with a great recipe and having the ability create something delicious. I even love trying to put together a recipe on my own. It makes me giddy just knowing that I can put something together and know it actually taste good.
7. My DVR. I know this sounds silly but I really do love it. K and I have such busy schedules that we never get to watch a show when it actually is on. The DVR lets us record it and then watch it whenever we want.
8. My cameras. I love taking pictures of everything. Cataloging life as I go. From food to people to objects. There is so much beauty in the world that I want to capture.
9. My friends. Always there for me. Enjoying the good with the bad. They are my link to sanity and serenity.
10. My blog. I actually really enjoy writing. I like finding things to cook, read, watch, and talk about.
Now to hand over the award to people who brighten my day each and every day!
4. Flour Child
7. Domestic Me
10. Yes and Yes