As the days get colder and then nights get darker I look forward to the changing of the season. Don’t get me wrong – I love fall, but I also love winter. I find that the winter is filled with beauty and peace and tranquility. There are so many reasons to love the change of the weather.
Here are just a few…
1. Hot chocolate. There is nothing more delicious and warming on a cold winter’s day than a big mug of hot chocolate. Mmm…with marshmallows!
2. Winter clothing. Thick sweaters. Adorable boots. Knit scarves. Ooo that reminds me…I need to go shopping!
3. Warm, cozy pajamas.
4. Fireplaces. The smell, the fire, the s’mores! Oh my!
5. Winter sports. Snow tubing, snowboarding, skiing and sledge riding. Makes putting on all of those warm cloths worth it.
6. It means that the year is almost over and a new one is just around the corner.
7. Baking. I do this all year, of course, but I’m more inclined during the winter months when the oven can warm up the apartment.
8. Soup. Enough said.