Usually my husband is not a sweets kind of guy. There are only two things that he ever eats that are desserts. Peanut Butter Cookies and Snickers Bars. So when I came across this recipe on Brown Eyed Baker I knew that it was something that I had to make for him. Of course, he and his friends gobbled them up the night that I made them!
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup chunky peanut butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon 2% milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups chopped Snickers candy bars (about 10 mini sized bars)
¾ cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and the chunky peanut butter together until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until smooth. Add the egg and mix until combined. Add the milk and the vanilla extract and mix again.
4. Add the flour mixture and beat until flour disappears. Stir in the chopped Snickers and chocolate chips.
5. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets. (I weighed mine out to about 2 ounces of dough per cookie.) Gently flatten each cookie ball with the palm of your hand. Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until cookies are slightly brown on the edges.
6. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 to 10 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
This post is part of my 101 in 1001 series. Please click on the ”101 in 1001″ tag to read the many other attempts. This is # 12. Bake 10 new desserts (1/10)