I love starting Monday’s off with BookishPenguin’s Monday Five Countdown. Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend (and hopefully you had a full three days to celebrate). If you decide to do the Monday Five Countdown don’t forget to link-up on Candice’s page!
Five Things I’m Grateful For
1. My job. I love my new co-workers and the satisfaction I get out of a job well done.
2. Our three day weekend. I can’t tell you the last time that K and I had a three day weekend together without one or both of us having to work. It has been years. It was great to be able to spend time together and get things done.
3. Sunny days with bright blue skies. The last couple of weeks here in New Jersey have been soaked with too many days of rain to count. It is good to see the sun again.
4. I know it sounds cheesy, but I’m constantly reminded of how much my husband has really become just what I need at this point in my life.
5. BBQ’s. I love me some good old fashion barbeque food.
Four Things I Can’t Stop Thinking About
1. I really, really, really want to buy a house. Right now though it is not in the cards for K and I. We will have to wait a bit more for our house dreams to come true.
2. Gluten. I won’t go into specifics (might save this for another blog post), but I am trying to stay on a gluten free diet. The baker in me is not very happy camper.
3. An upcoming wedding. I still need to get a dress (the wedding is June 3rd). I am running out of time.
4. New summer clothing. I really need to do a little shopping.
Three Things I Want To Accomplish This Week
1. Shopping. I need a couple of new outfits for work, a dress for the wedding (with shoes of course), some summer clothing and some flats.
2. Writing more blog posts. I have missed it.
3. Some down time. Maybe a little relaxing, reading a book, a nap, watching a movie, having a cool drink or just taking a long walk with my husband.
Two Things I Am Working To Be Positive About
1. Money. We are really trying to save some money, but lately it feels like it is just falling through our fingers.
2. The heat coming. I love summer, but I hate the heat and humidity that comes with it.
One Random Thing
1. I really wish that I spoke another language. I was flipping through the channels the other day and came upon a soap opera on Telemundo. I had no idea what was going on, but it looked awesome!
What’s going on with your five for today?