Sit down a bit. Let’s catch up! I’m constantly amazed by how much time can fly by on this blog without an update. The months have gone by fast in my life, and I thought it’s about time for a little update…
- My husband has finally finished his internship. We have had three months of him working seven days at week. Sure the experience that he has gained is great, but the time that has gone by has been considerable. We haven’t seen our friends, our parents or gone on a vacation. The outcome of the internship was a job offer. I am so proud of him and his accomplishments.
- We have a new member of the family. No, it is not a baby. She is Layla, our cat. She is seven year’s old with the energy of a kitten. She makes us laugh constantly and we are so glad to call her our own. I can’t seem to remember life without her.
- Emotionally I have been on highs and lows. So much is going on right now and it has been hard. I am trying to keep spirits up and trying to find the light at the end of the tunnel. I keep thinking that everything happens for a reason. I will learn from this…
- I have started a Gluten Free Diet a month and a half ago. It has been a hard change and I have slipped up once and a while. I think this has also contributed to my emotional highs and lows. Hopefully by this time next month I will be completely gluten free.
- A friend of mine is in a three part mini series that you should check out on TLC called “Big Sexy” (check your local listings for time and availability). I am so proud of her and I knew from the first day that I met her she would be going places. Congrats Nikki!
- I have been a bookworm. Since K had been working so much I had a lot of time on my hands. I have gobbled up more books then I could count. I started looking into Amazon’s free kindle books because the cost was getting too high. Why didn’t I think of the local library? I have no idea.
- I also have become a huge cinephile (an enthusiast of films). We were getting three dvds shipped via Netflix for most of the summer. Alas, we had to change it to two because prices at Netflix are getting ridiculous. We did keep streaming though.
- Cooking and baking have been nonexistent. You wouldn’t believe how long it has been since I have baked. I really need to head back into my kitchen. She is like my therapist.
SO as you can see things haven’t been terribly exciting, just busy. It is my hope to once again write on this blog daily. We will just have to see what the future holds…