I have never been a fan of having regrets. I truly believe that things happen for a purpose and that everything will work out in the end. But, after the passing of my biological father recently it made me think of things that I have regretted. There aren’t many, but they are mine.
1. Not traveling to Europe with my best friend when I had the chance to. This is a big one. I have always wanted to travel to Europe and when I finally had the money and time in my twenties to do it I didn’t. A stupid little fight and I backed out.
2. Not finishing college. I have never been a person who liked school. I know I can still go back, but I still don’t like school. I would rather work.
3. Not saving up when I was in my 20’s. Oh man, I was making very good money and living with my parents. What did I do with my money? I bought a car that wasn’t worth it, drinks, clothing and anything else my little heart desired. At least I started a 401K plan at 19. I don’t know many others who did.
4. Watching too much television. I really need to get away from the TV. I keep saying it that I am going to cancel our cable, but in the end I always chicken out.
5. Not keeping in contact with certain people. Things happen and people change. But some friendships I miss and wish that I could reconnect.
Is there anything that you have regretted?