I can’t believe the last time that I wrote on the blog was almost a month ago. It feels as thought I just pushed publish on the last post.
A little that has been happening..
– I celebrated yet another birthday. This one brings me into the next category of life. I went from one age bracket to another. It is a year older that has me thinking about where I am in my life and what is coming up next.
– Mr. Sweet and I went on a glorious vacation to Mexico. I think of our time there everyday and wish we could go back. I miss the sunsets, beaches and laid back atmosphere.
– We are in the process of looking for a new place to live. We love our little apartment but it is getting a bit small for our liking and we are hoping to find something bigger with a backyard. So far the search isn’t going well. So many places are either too expensive, not in the area we are looking for or don’t allow pets.
– An injury that I have had for a while flared up during our Mexican vacation. When we returned to the States I realized it wasn’t something that I could continue to push off and went to see my doctor. I am scheduled for surgery this Thursday and freaking out.
Well, enough rambling out of me. After surgery I will have plenty of time to write and hope to get back on track. Chat with ya later!
I have been a bad blogger! I disappeared for almost two weeks!
I didn’t mean to be gone for so long, but with work, a trip to Baltimore and then Mr. Sweet & I getting sick I just didn’t have the energy. Well I am back and ready to write.
As part of getting ready to move out, Mr. Sweet & I really want to purge our entire apartment top to bottom. Even though we have plenty of time (our lease is up in October) we would like to slowly start going through every single item in the apartment. So we’re making it a point, little by little over the course of the next couple of months to get rid of things. This way it will be easier for us to pack and move when we finally find something.
Now is the perfect time to go through our stuff and ask the often excruciating question: do I really need this? If we don’t absolutely need it, or absolutely love it, it’s going. Each weekend we tackle a closet, under the bed or a cabinet. Sometimes I just might be a drawer if we have a particularly busy weekend. A little goes a long way.
We are also in desperate need of new couches but want to wait to see what the new place will look like. We would hate to get something now and it not fit or doesn’t go with the flow of the new apartment. So we are saving our pennies and getting ready.
365 photo project – the simple act of taking a picture every day for a year. The idea behind starting the project is for me to try to get myself to slow down and take a different look at the world. The series is called Delightfully Living. This is Day 77 – Day 84.
What you will see: moments of time, food, details of the world around me and things that I enjoy.
Day 77: Mr. Sweet & I spent the day shopping. I found this adorable case at Francesca’s.
Day 78: Layla is constantly following me around. She is always underfoot and curious about everything I do. In this picture she was watching me brush my teeth.
Day 79: One of my favorite pieces of art in our hallway. I love you in binary on a french dictionary page from Wall Envy Art. Perfection!
Day 80: Hubby & I have been trying to make a lifestyle change in the way we eat. We allow ourselves “cheat days” because the temptation is less if you allow the unhealthy food every once and a while. Don’t worry – we split the burger!
Day 81: Snack time!
Day 82: Saturday breakfast.
Day 83: Tea & scones. My favorite Sunday brunch items.
Day 84: I bought a box of tangerines this weekend. They are so good we can’t stop eating them!
1. I am a few episodes away from finishing Battlestar Galatica. I have been watching this show for so long that I am not sure how I will handle the fact that there will never be a new episode. I’m also on the search for a new show to watch. Any suggestions?
2. This feels like the longest winter ever. Every time I think we are heading towards spring, March decides to gift us with another snow storm. It just doesn’t feel right.
3. Mr. Sweet’s brother & his wife moved back to New Jersey from California a couple of months ago. They were living with her mother until they found a place to live. This weekend we visited their new apartment and I am completely jealous. It gorgeous and in the exact spot I want to move. I am hoping we find something just as nice when we start looking in the summer.
4. I finally decided on Feedly as my new blog reader. The design of the reader has me reading through my 200+ blogs so much quicker and with more ease then Google Reader. So glad that I switched over.
5. I am obsessed with Ghirardelli’s Cabernet Matinee Chocolate at the moment. The chocolate bar is infused with blackberries and Cabernet Sauvignon. Enough said! I bought the bar at Target the other day and hid it away. Mr. Sweet would eat the whole thing if he had the chance.
6. I can’t wait till March 30th! Doctor Who will be returning on BBC America along with Orphan Black and The Nerdist. AND new episodes of Game of Thrones on HBO. Mr. Sweet & I are going to have a mini premier at the apartment (invite: 2).
This weekend wasn’t one for the record books. Mr. Sweet & I had a great weekend scheduled – a trip into the city (New York) on Saturday and a St. Patty’s Parade/get together on Sunday. The weather was perfect as well. Mid 50’s with the snow that accumulated last week melted.
Unfortunately, somewhere between Friday evening and Saturday morning my ankle decided to swell. I have had a torn tendon for a couple of months now and decided to go with cortisone shots instead of running head first into surgery.
Since I didn’t want Mr. Sweet to miss out on the St. Patty’s festivities I urged him to go without me. I stayed behind watching romantic comedies, eating chocolate and cuddling with Layla. Even though it wasn’t what was planned I enjoyed having a bit of time to myself.
I have been badly bit by the travel bug. I’m just dying to hop on a plane, train or automobile. I want to explore a new city, try a new dish and experience a new atmosphere. Ultimately I would love a trip to Europe, but that’s going to have to wait until next year so we have enough time to save and plan.
Mr. Sweet & I did book a tropical vacation for August and a couple of smaller weekend trips every couple of months. But I want to get away NOW. I really crave peace and quiet, something totally different from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. I want warm tea by a fireplace, laughter and finding adventure in the unlikeliest of places.
Unfortunately with the pace things are going, I am going to have to wait till our scheduled weekend trips to slow down and just relax.
1. I can’t believe the amount of books that I have read in the last couple of months. I think it is because I have made sure I had at least an hour each day to do something that is unplugged and purely for myself.
2. Sometimes weekends aren’t about what you do, but rather who you spend them with. During the last few weeks, Mr. Sweet and I have been so busy that we have not had time to relax. So, this weekend was wonderful. We watched too many movies, ate big breakfasts with delicious cups of coffee, chowed down on specialty ice cream, rejuvenated with a very necessary nap and attended a savory dinner.
3. I’m not looking forward to tomorrows impending snow storm. If I was stuck at home with Mr. Sweet I wouldn’t mind so much, but I know I have to go into work.
4. Our Italy trip is officially cancelled. I’m sad, but know it is for the best. Hopefully a trip to somewhere in Europe will be in the works for next year.
5. I’m on the lookout for a new camera. There are so many out there that I just feel so overwhelmed.
6. In the beginning of next week, Mr. Sweet & I are going to make a lifestyle change. Nothing as drastic as moving to a different state or quitting our jobs. Just a little something that we have wanted to do. If all goes well, you will hear about it in the future.